Leadership 360 Assessment
Leadership 360 Assessment
Dynamic, effective leaders are constantly honing their skills and investing in their own personal development. The Leadership 360 Assessment is based on eight leadership abilities that are demonstrated by outstanding leaders. The Leadership 360 survey is a powerful and significant tool that will help you improve your leadership effectiveness, measuring your current attitudes and competencies in eight major leadership abilities:
- Communication Skills: The art of using words effectively to impart information or ideas in ways that resolve conflicts. Conducts constructive meetings. Expresses facts and ideas in an understandable and convincing manner. Listens well and considers other’s opinions before drawing conclusions. Does not interrupt others. Mastery of self-awareness and self-management to cope with stressful situations.
- Decision Making: The process by which one makes a conscious selection of a course of action from among available alternatives, based on the best information available. Such a selection or decision is made in a timely manner appropriate to the challenge at hand. Important characteristics of good decision-making include influencing others in a wise course of action, carrying through with the identified course of action, and sound logic.
- Promotes Innovation and Change: Creates a work environment that encourages creative thinking and justifiable risk-taking. Open to change and new information. Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, tolerating ambiguity, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Identifies opportunities to develop new products and services.
- Working Relationships: Creates an environment that encourages input and feedback by listening attentively. Positive responses and openness to alternative concepts by valuing diversity of ideas and cultural differences. Fosters an environment in which people can work together cooperatively and effectively to achieve organizational goals. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisors, and outsiders, as well as with internal organizational units.
- Leadership Skills: Creates a vision or goal for one’s work unit and communicates it in a way that motivates others to implement it. Empowers others by sharing power and authority and delegating responsibility. Actively builds staff’s trust and commitment by mentoring, fostering good working relationships, and acting selflessly and with integrity.
- Coaching Skills: Seeks out the very best of “what is” in terms of another’s values, beliefs, and behaviors to help ignite “what might be.” Helps people clarify their career goals and actively develop the skills needed to achieve those goals. Continually challenges people to improve performance, while providing frequent and helpful development discussions and feedback.
- Utilizes the Strengths of Others and Self: As discussed on page 2, leaders focus most of their time developing and using their strengths, and a smaller portion of time trying to overcome their shortfalls. Of course, you still have to work on strengthening your shortfalls, particularly those that have a significant impact on your productivity.
- Team Development: Has the ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work together effectively for the good of the team. Ensures that team members understand their roles and responsibilities, while encouraging mutual accountability for successes and failures. Works cooperatively with other parts of the organization by building trust, creating synergy, and recognizing successes.
If you are an upper-level leader or executive, you will benefit from reassessing the leadership qualities that brought you to your current position.
If you are a supervisor or mid-level leader, you’ll identify your current strengths and the areas where you need to improve.
If you are a new and developing leader, you’ll have a clear set of guideposts on which to base your growth.
The Leadership 360 questionnaire takes approximately 8-10 minutes to complete. It is both a catalyst and a road map for change, awareness, and development of your personal leadership qualities. Find out how you can be a more effective leader!